[IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Sam Parkinson sam at sam.today
Sat Feb 25 05:39:52 EST 2017

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 08:36 +0530, Dave Crossland wrote:
> Actually I am not convinced of this; I do not believe that the latest
> releases of the Python codebase reach classrooms, and the js codebase
> only reaches one.
>
> One of the projects listed is social help. It's a fine idea, but a
> cursory look at the site shows it has extremely low activity. I think
> it would be better to shut it down.

Sugar tries to literally replace every part of the computer that a user
sees.  And believe it or not; that is a hard goal for a small free
software community.  3 people in their spare time can't replace the
years of work poured into every other desktop environment & their
software.

You're 100% spot on.  The future of SL is things like TurtleJS.

--
Thanks,
Sam

https://www.sam.today/