[IAEP] SL member list/joining criterion

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu May 12 15:33:10 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1. A section of the doc is available live here,
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/List
>
> 2. That doc shows 279 members
>
> I've requested access to the doc :) Thanks Samson!

I'm NOT questioning Dave Crosslands' personal ethics (although many
question his employer's ethics privately) however more generally there's a
very serious institutional/fiduciary problem here, if SL members'
non-publishable personal data is being shared with someone who is not a
member of Sugar Labs, as Dave Crossland recently stated he is still not a
member of SL?  That may have changed in recent weeks, but again we have no
way of knowing, which is the core issue :)

FWIW many serious organizations wait years before providing this level of
access (database of all their members) for profound reasons of
conflict-of-interest, and accidental-or-worse-intentional abuse of personal
data.