[IAEP] Priority languages to translate Sugar

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Jul 14 02:00:13 EDT 2016

Here is the first draft of the list for the Sugar translation pending
projects. Hopefully, to be cosidered by the Sugar Projects Translation Fund:

 https://titanpad.com/SLLL

I have tried to summarize to the best of my knowledge current initiatives
from local Communities in America. If you have an idea or project to add
please share the context/continent and relationship of the language with
the SugarXO Community, and thanks in advance.

> El 09/07/16 a las 01:48, Laura Vargas escribió:
>
> Recalling Claudia's proposal to make a priority languages list for Sugar
> translations, here in Perú I did an informal survery with the team of the Dirección
> de Lenguas Indígenas del Ministerio de Cultura, and noticing we already
> have Quechua, Aymara and Awajún, they suggested (in no specific order):
>
> - Ashaninka http://bdpi.cultura.gob.pe/pueblo/ashaninka
> - Wampis http://bdpi.cultura.gob.pe/pueblo/wampis
> - Shipibo http://bdpi.cultura.gob.pe/pueblo/shipibo-konibo
>

> Let's add Cherokee, possibly Navajo and Lakota?
>
> To better word a phrase I wrote in another thread:
> I do believe the mere possibility of attaining fluency in technology and
> properly appropriable informatics holds the promise to empower native
> cultures to better cope with modernity and even assume leadership in it.
>

> Is someone managing such list already?
>
> --
> Laura V.
> I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org