[IAEP] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Aug 7 13:46:21 EDT 2016

On 7 August 2016 at 10:44, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
 wrote:

> Of course the committee has to agree on this.

I think we can reach consensus on this within August :)

However, more broadly, if a committee has to reach consensus, then there
needs to be some method of resolving disagreements within the committee; I
assume that will be by voting... and so then, I wonder, does there need to
be an odd number of committee members to prevent a hung decision? Or will,
for example, Walter providing a tie-breaking decision in such cases?

* * *

Also, I recalled this thread from a few months ago where Seb and Caryl
detailed some of the election history:

http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg16445.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg16467.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg16688.html

At the time I made a note on https://wiki.sugarlabs.or
g/go/Sugar_Labs/Members#Currency_assurance_policy that says,

The most recent currency review was in January 2016.

>From the thread:

AH> Sebastian, do you recall how many emails bounced by Dec 15th 2015
AH> when you verified 79 active members
>
SS> Of the ~262(+/-) emails sent, 50 bounced. Identifying them will take
SS> some processing.

Seb, did you do this processing? If not, perhaps better to forget it. I
think as Caryl said in the thread,

CB> we need to go back to "square 1" on the active members list

:)