[IAEP] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Aug 7 13:48:44 EDT 2016

On 7 August 2016 at 10:44, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> Instead of raising the barrier to entry, I would prefer to enforce our
> currency policy ("are you still interested in being a member?" - every
> year) so that hopefully only active members get to vote.

I don't think that's precisely what is bein debated :)

Rather, the issue is that we have to define who it is we consider worth
asking if they are interested to be a member. I am happy to cast as wide a
net as possible, while Caryl would like to cast the net wider in some ways
and narrower in others, and would like SLOBs to decide rather than the
delegated committee.