[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 84, Issue 2

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Mar 4 01:27:06 EST 2015

Hi, Gonzalo

I am an old curmudgeon, so please excuse any bad email manners.

The Sugar development team has done a superb job of keeping up with the
changing technologies.
My point is only that when Sugar is evaluated going forward, it will be
on its success in delivering a superior
educational experience to school children, especially in the developing
world.

The demonstrated success of XO deployments in dozens of languages dwarfs
anything I am aware of from alternative platforms.
The insistence on open source and open educational resources enables our
deployments to proceed without yearly intellectual property
fees.

Tony