[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 84, Issue 2

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Tue Mar 3 13:44:14 EST 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

>  El 03/03/15 a las 07:41, Gonzalo Odiard escibió:
>
> >This begs the question, what has changed between Sugar 0.82 and 0.104
>> >that significantly improves the value of the XO in primary school
>> >education in the Give 1 world?
>>

>  Ouch. Really? We worked for 5 years for nothing?
>
> This reaction is not constructive. You could answer the question.

I have tried, but make a list of the work from all the people involved in 5
years is not a easy task.
The question is "is true that work does not provide any significant value?"
If that is true, then we should stop now, and dedicate our work to other
business.
I am not in a classroom, then other could reply the question better than
me.

Other thing people may be don't realize is better explained by Alice:

"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place.
And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that."
-- Lewis Carroll
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8164.Lewis_Carroll>, *Alice
in Wonderland <http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2933712>*

The technology changes, Google change the way their search page works,
and trigger a bug in Browse when used in a XO-1, we have Khan Academy and
a lot of other video resources and so. OLPC changed to arm devices and
added touch
support, an all that required a lot of work. I don't know if looks like a
excuse,
but all is part of the problem.

--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning