[IAEP] [support-gang] Raspberry PI

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:36:30 EST 2013

I have my Raspberry Pi for a couple of weeks now.
If you are looking for  a cheap HDMI monitor + keyboard + mouse try
the Motorola Atrix 4G Lapdock.
Since Motorola discontinued the Atrix phone these lapdocks are dumped now.
I  got one for $ 80. Prices are going up now since remaining stock is
getting lower.
Current prices are just above $100.

A snag is to get the right cables and adapters to connect the RPi to
the lapdock.
Google for "Atrix 4g Lapdock and Raspberry Pi" to get a few sites
which show you what you need
to connect the RPi to the lapdock.
Typically the adapters have to be ordered from China and it takes a
week or more for delivery. So no fast solution for Caryl.

Resolution is high enough for Sugar: 1366 x 768. It also scales down
higher HDMI resolutions.

Ton van Overbeek