[IAEP] Raspberry PI

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:05:31 EST 2013

That's what I expected but we need to lower the barrier to get it running.
I heard something about it on the mailing list but now I can't even find
anything useful by searching google and the wiki (I didn't try too hard,
but the point is that I shouldn't have to).

A bit radical, but I think our current downloads page should burn in
hell. On a new one there should be a Raspberry PI which would read
something like

* Insert an SD card into a PC (at least X GB)
* Run _this (link to an executable file including the image)_
* Insert the SD card in the Rasperry and turn it on

Then I think we could make noise about it and probably a lot of people
would try it out. More in general, if something is not that simple, I don't
think it should be on the main download page. I know the page would be
empty right now, but that's exactly the problem.

On Wednesday, 30 January 2013, Peter Robinson wrote:

> It already works fine on the Fedora releases for Sugar.
>
> Peter
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Perhaps a good opportunity to get Sugar in the hands of more kids
> >
> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/29/google-raspberry-pi-s
> >

> > --
> > Daniel Narvaez

Daniel Narvaez