[IAEP] evolution or revolution? .....android+sugar+doors => oui?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Sep 13 11:09:45 EDT 2012

I've done a little work on sugar->android pathways, including a (still
incomplete) port of gtk3 to android.  The primary tasks would be: 1)
gtk/python container to run gtk3/py-gobject activities unmodified in
Android; 2) reimplementation of Journal as Android service (using intents);
3) (optional):implementation of an Android home screen service to mimic the
tradition "4 zoom" interface of sugar.  There are no technical blockers as
far as I can see.  The collaboration infrastructure might also need to be
revisited or reimagined, but many sugar activities do not use the
collaboration apis.

I am eager to discuss this further with anyone interested in doing the
work.  I've been developing/deploying on an android platform since the
beginning of the year.  Lots of info in my blog, too.
  --scott