[IAEP] Sugar as a Mac Ap?

Raffael Reichelt raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:29:23 EDT 2012

Hello Valerie!
Am 13.06.2012 um 12:33 schrieb Valerie Taylor <vtaylor at gmail.com>:

> XO Activities as iOS or Android apps - sounds interesting. Is this do-able?
>
> I know there are lots of issues at the core of XO and Sugar mission
> and development. But there are also millions of kids with devices in
> their pockets who would benefit from technology supported learning.
>
> We are investigating BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) for use in the US.
> We haven't been able to get any interest in XOs. But the idea that
> each kid with their own pocket learning device - includes iTouch with
> wifi only, is getting a lot of attention. It's an education project
> too, and one that is desperately needed to help bridge the widening
> educational divide in the US.
>
> Please think about it.
>
> ..vt

I thought about that too.
For my side decided to implement activities as HTML5/CSS3/Javascript
applications. It is a powerfull combination producable and useable on
nearly any device without any preconditions - beside an actual
webbrowser.  For iOS an Android without pain wrappable to a local app
even with access to hardware like accelerometer, camera, mic ...
Additionally there are thousands of really nice webapps out there for
our kids. As some kind of starting point I did a simple kids
webbrowser for iOS maybe you would like to have a look on it in iTunes
App Store it is called: "Kiosk Lite".

Regards,
Raffael