[IAEP] [support-gang] Mac Folks... Need your help downloading: The Forbidden Education - New Argentinian movie about Education

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:26:18 EDT 2012

Hi Folks...
First, a thank you to all of you who have replied with suggestions for how to do this, but so far I have been unsuccessful in doing the movie download. I have succeeded in downloading the English subtitles, but can't seem to get the actual movie to download in a savable form. I can click on the link and play it, but when I try to do a CTRL-Click and choose "Download link as..." it only downloads a tiny html file... not the movie. Obviously I am doing something very wrong!
We have to fly from MT to CA for my brother-in-law's funeral this Wed. and I thought the plane flight would give me the perfect opportunity to have the 2 1/2 hours needed to watch it in one sitting. Any further suggestions you folks may have would be appreciated. I have today and tomorrow to complete the download.
Thanks again,Caryl************************************************

    Hi, Caryl:

    If you want to download the movie (it is far
    better than see it on Youtube) you have to go to the homepage and
    download the movie and the subtitles separately.

    If you put the two files in the same folder and the names are the
    same, then you can see the movie with English Subtitles.

    For example: if you download
      the SD VERSION, the name of the file is :

    la_educacion_prohibida-completa-480p.mp4

    Then you download the subtitles and rename it as: la_educacion_prohibida-completa-480p.srt

    I renamed and attached this file on this mail, it is a very little
    file.

    So you have to download the SD version of the movie, put it on the
    same folder as the subtitles that I Attached on this e-mail, and
    "that's all, folks"

    If you want to increase the speed of the download, there are lots of
    programs called "Download Accelerator", in my case I downloaded the
    movie at 17 Mbps instead of 2 Mbps of my normal browser.

    Paolo Benini

    Montevideo