[IAEP] Questions to SLOB candidates

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 7 08:04:55 EST 2011

Hi all,

Sascha, you make an excellent point here, I was thinking along the same
lines when I re-read the various candidate statements this morning.

Personally I'd also be interested in taking this one step further and
creating a lively debate. Two ideas I've been thinking about are:

(a) An IRC discussion with all the candidates next Tuesday or Wednesday
before the election starts. This would give all Sugar Labs members a
chance to directly interact with the candidates by asking questions.
Additionally it could lead to some interesting discussions among the
candidates whereas I fear that discussions here on the list will be more
unidirectional (e.g. with the candidates simply answering the questions
Sascha mentions below but not commenting on each other's answers and ideas).
(b) Organizing a Skype, Gtalk, or Google+ Hangout session with the same
purpose. While text-based communication has some advantages (e.g. it's
easy to search, reference, etc.) I personally really like hearing
people's voices and real-time reactions to discussions and arguments.

For all these things we could use a wiki page or even something like
Google Moderator (http://moderator.appspot.com/) to collect questions
from the community in advance.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers,