[IAEP] [support-gang] FW: [OLPC Bolivia] No logro aprender Sugar / I cannot learn Sugar

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jun 15 12:04:23 EDT 2011

> I Am talking about the problem about the incompatibility between the
> Sugarized programs vs the normal linux programs , like the games that
> the children wants.  There are thousands of programs in Linux that
> don't uses the "Journal", so there are useless.

This seems to be the common thread between here and earlier posts:

   "I know how to run program ZZZ on a non-Sugar system.  Why can't I
    (easily/simply) put it on a Sugar system (for a kid who wants it)?"

> I don't have to be Einstein to know that if the same problem continues
> after more 3 or four years, it is not only  technical problem.

This is true.  My personal comment is that I haven't noticed "to run
programs like ZZZ" as among the goals of the OLPC.

[I might *want* to marry a particular celebrity - but that doesn't mean
that that celebrity would have "to marry Mikus" as one of her goals.]

Does it mean the end of the world if the kid can't run ZZZ inside Sugar?

Paolo - if you do not see other people planning to implement a goal of
"to run programs like ZZZ inside Sugar" - being upset at the existing
situation does not help - try to figure out where in this situation
changes might be feasible - then start beating on doors.

mikus