[IAEP] [support-gang] FW: [OLPC Bolivia] No logro aprender Sugar / I cannot learn Sugar

nanonano at mediagala.com nanonano at mediagala.com
Wed Jun 15 08:16:08 EDT 2011

/>Kevin Mark wrote:
 >He also talks about using OO4kids with uses a non-sugar dialog box.
 >That should be fixed with a technological solution.
/

Hi, Kevin:

The problem that I was Talking about on the other e-mail, is about the
Journal, it's really absurd that I am complaining about the same thing
for more than three Years and the things are the same like in 2008

Your are saying that the Journal problem is only a "technological
thing", and you said to solve it only with a "technological solution".

No.

It is not only technological , I don't have to be Einstein to know that
if the same problem continues  after more 3 or four years, it is not
only  technical problem.

If your are a Car maker, and you make a car that are lack of one wheel,
yo can not anwer after 3 years of production " /it is a technological
thing, someone will solve it"/

--------------

I Am talking about the problem about the incompatibility between the
Sugarized programs vs the normal linux programs , like the games that
the children wants.  There are thousands of programs in Linux that don't
uses the "JOurnal", so there are useless.

The solutions it is not saying "/well, sugarize and 'journalize' those
programs/".

*In 2007 or 2008 that was a good answer, but after 4 years it is only a
joke....*

ANother answers that now sounds like a joke are:  "/use a pendrive/". or
"/change the activity by your self/". We heard those answeas years ago I
we didn't complain, there was a good answer..... but after years and
years .....

It is absurd that the children in Uruguay  has to install Wine (a
windows emulator) so they can play their games and download the music.
It's almost a joke, because the children can install lots and lots of
games on Wine, much more games that they can install in Sugar! And in
wine they uses the Directory system of the windows, with no problems.

It is really absurd to say to Children: "/you don't have to download
music with wine, use the OGG version of the songs/".. That anwer is
really Out of this world, that answer means that the author of the
answer never sit down behind a child with an XO.

A person that pretends that a Child will use Ogg because is "legal"..
has his mind in another galaxy. Before talking about Ogg, please see how
many songs are in Mp3 and how many in ogg (on the internet)

*The people (adults or childre) don't even know that "legally" they
can't hear an MP3* with his Mp3 player, because that 20 dollars Mp3
Player didn't paid the Mp3 Licence!

Nobody even knows that the Mp3 format is not free! So it is absurd to
tell to a children about usin OGG instead of mp3.

*_It is absurd to tell a children to MODIFY A PROGRAM in SUGAR_*.. please

---------------------

A technical problem that you can not solve in 3  or 4 years.. it s no
more technical, the problem is bigger.

In 2008 I Heard the same exactly ansewrs like yours, Kevin, answers like
"/ok, we will solve that technical problem, don't worry/".

For example: if all my students don't pass the year... the problem it's
not the children.. the problem is the teacher, or the sistem.

I have lots of other complaints , this problem about the JOurnal is only
the tip of the iceberg.

Sorry for my very bad English
thanks

Paolo Benini