[IAEP] What kind of jack can you use for sensors?

Nicholas Doiron ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 16 20:10:49 EST 2011

Microphone jack is the best way to go, especially if you are using eToys.
Where are you getting the sensors from?  Are you using an XO laptop?

We had an environmental sensing class in Uganda that used temperature and
light sensors.  To give a basic view of what the sensor is doing, I
modified the Measure activity to have an intuitive scrolling graph.
Claudia from OLPC gave us some ideas about how to create some homemade
sensors, too:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Measure/Kasiisi

Regards,
Nick Doiron