[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] GPL non-compliance, was Re: [SLOBS] GPLv3

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:57:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Walter, I am too dumb to know the full ins and outs of this.  I also have
>> been advised that I should not mess with this because (as I understood it)

Yama, please inform yourself _above_ gossip. You say you don't know
enough and then make outrageous accusations. The two things don't go
together.

Sugar is GPLv2, I explained yesterday why GPLv2, even v3, is not a
problem, even for Bitfrost-style locked-down machines, as long as you
can install Sugar & Sugar Toolkit in your home directory.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions