[IAEP] Etoys, is it difficult or easy?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 18:06:28 EDT 2010

It is true that you can do all of these things in EToys, if you know
where to start. It is also true that the start screen of EToys could
be improved by providing a path to each of them, and to other
education modules, and Etoys could be improved with a few more
introductory modules.

Since children and untrained teachers cannot be expected to discover
these paths, and paths in other Activities, on their own, I am in the
middle of writing a guide to Discovery on the XO. The starting point
is my Wiki page,

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
The undiscoverable  is an unofficial FAQ for tips, tricks, and
solutions to common problems that may otherwise be tricky to find.
These are being considered for inclusion in the official SoaS
documentation.

The Etoys section needs vast expansion. I have an outline in mind,
which I can share with anybody who would like to work on it.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/