[IAEP] Dextrose on XO-1?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:47:22 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,
I have successfully installed and run Dextrose on 2 XO-1.5s. The problem I was having yesterday was caused by a missing letter "g" in the instructions.
But, that is history. Now I am trying to get it installed on an XO-1. So far, no luck. Here is the problem. I have downloaded both os373pyg.img and os373pyg.crc onto a usb stick.  When I attempt to follow the directions on the page: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose I get the following error message:
Can't open CRC fileok
I have downloaded the file twice to be sure I got it right. Both times it showed as 36.4 KB.  I opened one of them.  It was a text file full of numbers, just as I expected. Is something missing?  This is a very small file.  Do I need to rename it to get it to work?  What is the secret to getting this to work?
Thanks,Caryl (