[IAEP] problems with soas

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 16:05:59 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 9:27 PM,  <funderburk1 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>  Since you asked for feedback, and I would like to get Sugar working
> properly, I thought I would
>  send this message.
>
>  In brief, I can get Sugar to run, following your instructions, but
> imperfectly.  The most important problem is
>  that the wireless connection of this laptop (details below) is turned off
> by Sugar, so there is no possible browsing.

In all likelihood, the driver for your wifi card is not bundled with
Fedora by default. You'll have to load it separately. The good news is
that with the recent release of a Free Broadcom driver, many more wifi
cards will be supported. The bad news is that that driver in not yet
in our builds.

regards.

-walter

--