[IAEP] "Grannie" support for children's learning with computers

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:20:24 EDT 2010

Hi Caroline,

Sounds like a great project!
Take the time to watch all of this TED talk featuring Sugata Mirta.  It is well worth the time!  You will see how the Granny Cloud was used in Newcastle and how children filled the role in other situations.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sugata_mitra_the_child_driven_education.html

And here is a link to an award winning paper he published in the Australasian Journal of Educational Technology. It deals only with the experiments in India and does does not refer to the project in England where he used the Granny Cloud.

http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet21/mitra.html

Here is an article that summarizes his work with the Granny Cloud:

http://dnc.digitalunite.com/2010/07/29/granny-cloud-to-teach-children-via-the-internet/

Caryl