[IAEP] Coming to Paraguay?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Mar 13 20:17:04 EST 2010

Continuing our earlier irc conversation on iaep@:

<bernie> I need an updated version of Scratch for the XO...
  the current version has issues with sound
<ClaudiaU_> thanks for the report! You are in Paraguay?

Indeed! I'll be working on field until August to bridge Sugar Labs with
one of the best deployments out there. It's happening bidirectionally:

1) learn about real-world issues with our software and relay such
information directly to the Sugar developers and community.

2) at the same time, deliver the latest and greatest of our software in
the hands of local children.

More than just a bridge, I'm hoping to build a self-reinforcing feedback
loop, the kind of thing which powers successful free software projects.

<ClaudiaU_> bernie: I don't have a public version of Scratch yet, but I
am hoping soon... Bern is working on it!

You mean Bert? Or me? Or someone I don't know?

Some kids here taught themselves Scratch and are doing great things with
it:

  http://codewiz.org/wiki/blog/2010/03#fri-mar-12--interview-with-los-scratcheros

It's incredible if you consider to children in Caacupè did not have easy
access to computers and fancy electronic gadgets. Most children and
teachers have been using computers for the first time less than one year
ago.

So I think we're just starting to... scratching the surface.
(ok, please forgive me for this silly pun).

<ClaudiaU_> Bernie: I am coming to Paraguay next week.... let me
know if you are there

This is great news. Today Cecilia told me you'll be here on the 22nd.
What's your schedule like for the week? Anything you would like to work
on together?