[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Children want Sugar 0.84, for the wrong reason

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sat Mar 13 17:07:33 EST 2010

I have been unable to install Bernie's OS67 or Steven Parrish's os12,
Bernie and I have been discussing this off list. If anybody has the same problem please let us know.

Detailed instructions on the installation process are at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure#Development_builds

In brief,

you need a developers key for your XO because it is an unsigned build

On a USB, save the devkey to /security/develop.sig
save the img and crc to root

Turn on with the USB plugged in and the esc (x) key pressed

type probe-usb copy-nand disk:\os67.img

after the reflash finishes, turn off, remove the USB and power up

My XO fails with "Boot Failed"

I can restore OS767 in the same manner http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/

Tony