[IAEP] Finally trying Sugar

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Feb 25 14:58:36 EST 2010

marilyn at ourdyslexicchildren.org wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Thanks to you all for your hard work. I am a high school tech teacher in
> Texas. I wasn't able to figure out how to put Sugar on a USB drive, but
> was able to burn it to a CD. Now I have made copies for all of my
> students (115) plus a classroom set. We are going to play with it in
> class for the next couple of weeks. The students who have tried it
> already and my own children (8 & 10) are very excited about it.

Hi Marilyn,

thanks a lot for your e-mail. Your project sounds awesome! :)

I'm the engineering lead of Sugar on a Stick and would be very
interested in hearing about your experiences to work on improving them.
What you're saying is already a good indicator that we need to make it
easier to put Sugar on a USB drive - for example, we're currently
working on a Creation Kit for Sugar on a Stick.

Please keep us all on this list posted!

--Sebastian