[IAEP] [SLOBS] Sugar Certification in Uruguay

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Dec 17 15:40:30 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 20:45 -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi,
> Do we know anything about this?
> If we don't this is probably clearly a trademark violation.
> Not saying its a bad idea, but sugar labs should lead any sugar
> certification that is offered and called that way. In fact we should
> encourage this kind of appropriation but in a way that gives back to
> the project. For instance, if they have developed guidelines,
> materials, etc, they can be a reference for similar programs in other
> countries that other Local Labs could offer, adding to our Services
> Portfolio.

I would suggest getting in contact with them and ask *politely* for more
details about this certification program.

Then, depending on their answer, we could ask them *politely* to change
the program name or offer them a license to use the Sugar Labs marks.

Since you speak Spanish, you are *polite* and you're a slob (no offense
implied :-), you could contact them as an official representative of
Sugar Labs.

Did I mention that we should be *polite*? :-)