[IAEP] [support-gang] Peru Quest, beyond the quake

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:54:44 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I Googled "Inca Road Map" and found several maps online.  I was surprised to see that it went to many places I have been to, including a small part of the "inca Trail" above Machu Picchu including the famous "Sun Gate". The wildflowers and blue morpho butterflies there were spectacular!

 Because it traversed so many places in Latin America, the Inca Road heritage is widespread.  This is an excellent project that could include many, many different collaborative projects by the students... for example, students could take pictures of places along the Inca Roads near their homes and share them internationally via a special blog that could be set up.

A side note... many Peruvian children make a pilgrimage to Machu Picchu as a part of their education.  During the day, the site is over-run by school groups with their teachers.  If they have XOs, they could bring them and do an "Inca Roads" project of some type there.

Caryl

P.S. Yes, I remember the open-source game, "Oregon Trail." I also remember the text version of the commercial game, The Hitch hikers Guide to The Galaxy."  I got the "babblefish"!  Did any of you?