[IAEP] [support-gang] Peru Quest, beyond the quake

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:32:00 EDT 2010

You are right, the Inca Road thing could be *powerful*.  Just imagine
those Peruvian kids and teachers actually having something practical to
do with their XOs!

Hmmm.  I've been trying to find again contact information for Cheryl
Vitali and Lynn Thornton, pioneers in using computers in class, who do
have also a lot of experience with this sort of international projects,
a couple of which I had the honor to participate in 15 years ago.

We need to put together some sort of a challenge, a task, a quest.
Something kids can feel excited to be part of, both there and here.  And
maybe a way to keep this active during the summer here.

Oregon trail was open source? I MUST look into that.  Nah, for Maya
Quest and the rest I was just an envious South American teacher looking
north.  I think I learned about Maya Quest in a Boy's Life magazine
given to me when I was running an American style summer camp in Uruguay.