[IAEP] inquiry on constructionism advantages

Ian Thomson IanT at spc.int
Wed Sep 30 06:40:13 EDT 2009

Hi Bastien,

A good way to measure the skills needed in this rapidly changing world
is to look into Information Literacy
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_literacy )
references the American Library Association's description which is
fairly good

The American Library Association's (ALA) Presidential Committee on
Information Literacy, Final Report states, "To be information literate,
a person must be able to recognize when information is needed and have
the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed
information"

Evaluating these skills would be a very good start.

Please note that this is often confused with IT Literacy, which is
another thing altogether. Many developing countries Education systems
see their role in ICT as IT literacy development.

Ian Thomson
RICS and OLPC Coordinator
Noumea
SPC