[IAEP] [support-gang] Which Language?

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 10:43:38 EDT 2009

Not to make this discussion more complicated, but ...

Squeak/Etoys runs on everything whether Sugar or not, runs in the browser or as a standalone, and a Squeak "project" is completely independent of any environment except Squeak.

Both Etoys and Scratch (and many other apps) are written entirely in Squeak (which is an open source version of Smalltalk-80 with a comprehensive library).

Etoys at: http://www.squeakland.org/

Squeak at: http://www.squeak.org/

Cheers,

Alan