[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] SoaS: Searching for Decision Panel volunteers.

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Sep 25 19:46:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:33:45AM -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> 4.  We will entrust the marketing team with labeling products in a way
> that is amenable to all parties, including the users and creators of
> Sugar-based systems.  The Marketing team is, and has been, responsible for
> ensuring that we choose names that do not harm the mission by creating
> confusion.

I've missed your point, because I think you're saying SL would be (via
"the marketing team") 1) labeling non-SL products (e.g., a
hypothetical "NNSOAS" product); and 2) ensuring non-SL products don't
have names that confuse our audience.  Neither of which seems
sensible, to say nothing of enforceable.

Martin