[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] The Future of Sugar on a Stick

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 21 04:37:45 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 08:30, Mel Chua <metamel at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a lot going on in this thread, so here is my attempt to
> summarize discussions so far. If I've missed or misstated anything, my
> apologies - and it's a wiki, so go fix it. ;-)
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick
>
> By my count, there are 4 things we need to decide on and then execute
> in order to wrap up this conversation. Some are already in progress.
>
>    * 4.1 Make a SoaS mailing list
>    * 4.2 Formalize a SoaS development team
>    * 4.3 Determine what "Sugar on a Stick" refers to
>    * 4.4 Determine what "the code Sebastian is working on" is called
>
> Only the third one has a clear owner (SLOBs) and can be decided at
> this time (the 4th seems to depend on the answer to the 3rd). How can
> we move these forward - and are there any other blocker decisions that
> aren't listed here?

Great summary, this is my understanding of how things stand today:

4.1 can be left entirely to the SoaS team for decide

4.2 also depends only on the SoaS team, haven't heard nobody against
SoaS qualifying for a project inside SLs. SoaS is already listed as a
project in the wiki, btw:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:Project
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Project_Guidelines

4.3 a decision panel has been proposed to help with this

4.4 only depends on the SoaS team, but may depend on 4.3 to avoid name clashes

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning