[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] What is Sugar LiveUSB

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Sep 18 22:26:59 EDT 2009

I just discovered a nice feature of rawhide nightly builds

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/education/
======================================
test F12 for dd functionality

dd if=education-i386-20090917.16.iso of=/dev/sdg bs=4k
402432+0 records in
402432+0 records out
1648361472 bytes (1.6 GB) copied, 233.045 s, 7.1 MB/s
======================================
to a 4GB SD creates a bootable SD of gnome and F11.93
and a whole collection of educational apps.

Plus:sugar-emulator brings up sugar-desktop.

this is a live system so it corrupts if a full update is attempted.

Uses 63% of 4 GB SD.

Is this sugar on a stick?
 or
 Sugar Desktop plus Gnome on a stick.

It has live system and Fedora F12 but....

This one I am unsure of the answer. What do you think?