[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] SLOBs Position on SoaS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:51:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Personally i would just get on with it and let the code do the talking...
> Produce the best distribution that you can and people will use,
> respect and protect it.

+1.

Sebastian -- you have unending respect from both developers and (most
importantly) the users.

Even if the nitty-gritty of the SoaS/SL/Sugar/OLPC interaction is not
always ideal, you are building something very concrete for the users.

In practical terms, of course it is important that things are handled
fairly, but in terms of worth (as in "is this worth it"), I'd suggest
taking stock of the amazing impact of SoaS.

Most OLPC fans I know are running SoaS, just yesterday I met a guy who
saw me with the XO and mentioned he was been playing with SoaS, in a
completel unrelated gathering.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions