[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Project Guidelines posted

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Mon Sep 14 10:29:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 09:21 -0500, David Farning wrote:
> The work going on in Nepal is one of the primary reasons for
> establishing SIGs and projects.  Nepal is doing an amazing job of
> creating solutions for local problems.
>
> Sigs/projects are a place where deployments can share ideas and work
> together on solutions for local issues.
>
> A good example of how to progress would be to work through the
> questions on the SIG guidelines at
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Project_Guidelines .  The
> questions are not just bureaucratic hurdles.  They represent some of
> the best practices that Eclipse, Apache and Fedora have found helping
> ideas grow into successful projects.  You have already worked through
> most of the issues for karma.
>
> The project wiki format is basically the same a a team wiki page.  It
> is pretty flexible yet makes it easy for someone to discover what your
> project is all about and how to get involved.
>
> david

tks for the thoughtful response Dave

good, then i don't feel bad about using the SL logo :)

What should the next step for Karma be on the SIG/Project route?

I think it will take 6+ months for a governance strategy for Karma to be
worked out. Essentially right now we are just trying to reimplement the
work done in Flash to html5+javascript. Later when different individuals
have differing ideas, we may need some governance. Right now, the main
focus is "How do we convert the talking water buffalo from flash to
html5?"

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director