[IAEP] class filmed in Montevideo

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 01:18:22 EDT 2009

(translated by Yama)

Hello!

Dear Colleagues:

I selected you because you are those who can understand the effort that
it meant to me to get to learn a skill and then teach it to my students,
step by step, through trial and error, and sometimes through a thorny
path, or rose scented, but not always predictable, because you were
those who contributed their little grain of sand to grow a little more
our computer-mathematical knowledge.

I want to tell you that my class had the honor of being selected to
represent the department of Durazno, for Ceibal, to go to Montevideo,
with all expenses paid, on a LATU bus to work as we do it every day in
the classroom (our valuable educational research laboratory) lugging the
Ceibal laptop.

There, after the children had copied the daily agenda, as they always
do, with pencil and paper, they worked with Tortug Art and Tortug Art
Portfolio, with the subject: How, when and why to apply the Pythagorean
Theorem in the computer? solving a problem, and devising a grid for the
carpenter, in the computer, to hang our loofah plants, which we will
plant in Durazno.
A girl came forward, and programmed the grid using the appropriate
blocks, for all to see on the plasma.

While it was just another day, because that subject had a before and
after for them, they were very nervous, since some had never traveled to
Montevideo.

The second module was with Etoys, we made a page of a book whose focus
is "production cycle of loofah", emphasizing the concept of Macro
Language: Communication, as it is shipped, the IC in the Project, Oral
Etoys Radio which was presented at Squeakfest, Brazil 2009.

We were congratulate and the work of children was applauded.

I am delighted that we have been taken into account to be pioneers in
the Ceibal channel that will air soon.

That's all

Best regards from Rosamel Ramirez
Durazno, Uruguay