[IAEP] Experiences with Soas2-200904231400.iso

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Fri May 1 11:38:23 EDT 2009

Caroline,

The boot diskette is from here:

http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html

It is not free software, but it is free to download.  There originally
WAS a link in the Wiki to this, but I couldn't find it the last time I
looked.  You really couldn't make a "branded" version of this for Sugar
(there is no source code).  You have to take it as it is.

To be truthful, the diskette is not a very good way to use SoaS.
Granted, starting a computer using the CD requires you to get the drive
open and closed quickly, but the diskette only seems to recognize USB
1.1 ports, so you have a LONG boot to wait for.  I only use the diskette
when a suitable version of the boot CD is unavailable, because the
diskette works with any version of SoaS, whereas the CD needs a kernel,
etc. that matches what's on the stick.

James Simmons