[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:57:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, IMO the *only* stable Sugar OS is OLPC XO Software 8.2.0
> running on XO or emulator.  As far as I know, none of the other
> distributions has caught up in terms of activity support.

FWIW, I am keeping an eye on this, hoping that a second Sugar platform
emerges. The questions in the back of my mind are:

 - What are you guys running / developing on?
 - What are you guys testing?
 - Are any SL'ers dogfooding 100% of their computer time? (as now
Sugar is closer to Just Working on conventional laptops) On what
platform?

Wearing my XSA hat, I want to get my hands on that second Sugar
platform and test interop with the XS.

Wearing my "wellington volunteer tester" hat, I want to know if
there's a non OLPCXO OS we should be targetting.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions