[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:04:46 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > First of all, IMO the *only* stable Sugar OS is OLPC XO Software 8.2.0
> > running on XO or emulator.  As far as I know, none of the other
> > distributions has caught up in terms of activity support.
>
> FWIW, I am keeping an eye on this, hoping that a second Sugar platform
> emerges. The questions in the back of my mind are:

>  - What are you guys running / developing on?
>  - What are you guys testing?
>  - Are any SL'ers dogfooding 100% of their computer time? (as now
> Sugar is closer to Just Working on conventional laptops) On what
> platform?

I am dogfooding a bit with the Fedora SoaS.  My Thinkpad X40 under XP has
trouble connecting to  the wireless at school so I've been using SoaS to
take notes during class.  It has no problem connecting  to the wireless,
using browse to let me take notes in google docs, and this week I was able
to download and open word docs.  I can read gmail.  I can play with turtle
art if I get board.  :)

> Wearing my XSA hat, I want to get my hands on that second Sugar
> platform and test interop with the XS.

Yes, we need SoaS to work with the XS It will not be ready for any
deployment until we can back up and restore to an XS.  Its just too easy to
lose a USB stick and then have lost all your data.

> Wearing my "wellington volunteer tester" hat, I want to know if
> there's a non OLPCXO OS we should be targetting.
>
> cheers,
>

> martin
> --
>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com