[IAEP] irc logs

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Feb 4 22:55:08 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I may summerize: after counting all the votes/opinions here and on
> irc (but how can we check?), it's mostly for and no real against to
> having #sugar logged.

I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

Martin and I both were against logging, citing its "chilling effects" among
other things.

Jameson requested that logging be noindex'd, otherwise he'd be against it.
(while not "blocker" against)

Bernie proposed a reasonable solution that can be implemented without
infringing upon anyone's privacy: private logging done by a user on a shell
account, as is the norm for most IRC conversations.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc