[IAEP] What to report where - Was Re: Sugar on a Stick switches to a new Bug Tracker

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Aug 23 03:06:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 16:03, Caroline Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> hmm ok let me see if I understand.
> Teachers, parents etc. who may have a hard time understanding whether they
> are reporting a bug on Sugar, Sugar on a Stick or an activity should use
> GetSatisfaction.
> SoaS Development team will use launch pad.
> People doing QA  should  put bugs into dev unless its a sugar on a stick
> only issue.

Are we sure about this? Some bugs won't be clear where do they really
belong until a developer looks at it, and SoaS people may also like
tracking sugar-only bugs on their bugtracker. For example, Ubuntu
tracks Debian bugs on their bugtracker and Fedora tracks GNOME, X,
etc.

Also, normally a bug in a downstream is not closed when upstream fixes
it, but when it gets into a release on that downstream. Which is the
biggest reason for splitting bug trackers, IMO.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning