[IAEP] Any way to hide google translation stuff in the printable version of wiki pages?

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:07:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 14:57, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've set up Google Translations in the wiki sidebar for a community
> evaluation, http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki.
>
> In addition to making all pages longer, the 'Using the Wiki' section of the
> sidebar is pushed further down. ...Bernie might be able to move that, if the
> community prefers.
>
> One benefit now is that all pages have translation links.

I assume that before you made the change it was "ugly" with all the
translate stuff at the top of the printable view.  Looks great to me now.
 Thanks.

> So, to print a page without the Google Translations header, one would enter
> edit mode for a page, and then remove the {{GoogleTrans-en}} template at the
> top of the wiki text entry box. (An older version of the template may look
> like this, {{ GoogleTrans-en | es =show | bg =show | zh-CN =show | zh-TW
> =show | hr =show | cs =show | da =show | nl =show | fi =show | fr =show | de
> =show | el =show | hi =show | it =show | ja =show | ko =show | no =show | pl
> =show | pt =show | ro =show | ru =show | sv =show }}.

Shall I start changing pages as I encounter them?  (I doubt there'd be a lot
of problem with that, but one never knows.)

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC