[IAEP] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Education_Team#Commentary

Dennis Daniels dennisgdaniels at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:21:22 EDT 2009

James,

There is definitely more polish here
http://people.sugarlabs.org/jdsimmons/ReadEtextsTheMovie.avi
Is there audio on either the .avi or .ogg? If yes, I didn't hear either.

May I suggest you put the .avi video on youtube? I really believe that
Sugar needs more screen time... people need to see it in action.

AFAIK there Google Docs is the only free collaboration text editor out
there... I was hoping that there would be a demo of 'record' for audio
annotations to the e text in your video. Typing is so... 20th century!
(only said partly tongue in cheek, I'm a big fan of recording in all
forms, but typing is just slow, and for ESL learners, a great big road
block for language fluency...IMHO)

I've not used Kino in a long time... is there a video editor in Sugar?
I taught video production with my students and they had a blast...
especially since they didn't have to type to tell their stories!
Another score for recording tech!

re: cinerella: Not used it. I'll take a look at virtual dub, don't
know if it runs on *nix or not.

All the best,
Dennis

lost and found:
+15047567321
+18586833669
GoogleTalk: dennisgdaniels
skype : dennisdaniels

EOF
Sent from New Orleans, Louisiana, United States