[IAEP] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Education_Team#Commentary

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:07:14 EDT 2009

Dennis,

I use gtk-recordmydesktop to do the screencasts, running Sugar at
800x600 on an IBM NetVista I bought surplus.  I then use Kino to edit.
 You *might* be able to get a screencast at a higher resolution with a
more powerful box, but the video would end up at 640x480 anyway so
maybe that would not be an improvement.  I'd be interested in your
opinion of my videos at

http://people.sugarlabs.org/jdsimmons/

I use Fedora 11 for recording the desktop and Fedora 10 for editing
(not on purpose, that's just how I'm set up at the moment).  I needed
to compile Kino from source.  There's another video editor called
Cinelerra that I would also have to compile from source to use, and
it's supposed to be pretty good.

James Simmons