[IAEP] Cloning USB sticks Re: How to damage a Flash strorage Device

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Aug 4 14:23:17 EDT 2009

I see that the LVM file structure used in F11 is not addressed in the
wiki reference.
I am attaching a screen shot of the structure of one of the sticks FYI.

Are we any better in using live-cd creator for USB creation in Strawberry.?
Is the compressed fs safer to use?
I do not know how to predict what will happen other than see how long
the USB Sticks last.

The file structure may be more stable vs all writes going to the overlay
in strawberry, but that will
be determined I guess in field testing.

Cordially

Tom Gilliard