[IAEP] Cloning USB sticks: Danger of leaving passwords in clones.

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org
Tue Aug 4 14:16:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 10:39:31AM -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:

> This procedure has to be used on all dd copies of USB
You can also do it on the "master" stick before doing the dd if there's
no data in the Journal you want to preserve.

> Note: I have not seen any failures to USB sticks from using dd.
The failures Luke mentioned are due to aging (that may happen
prematurely if the formatting doesn't match your stick well enough), not
during the copy.

PS: Thanks for your work on this! :-|

CU Sascha

--