[IAEP] New volunteers (was Re: Sugar Labs, LOGO and Brian Harvey)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:54:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:21 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> In my role as 'wiki watcher' I see quite a few people register, ask how
> they can help, and disappear when no one responds.

We need to get those notes to the Volunteer Coordinators, or point
people to the relevant pages. I respond whenever I see such a query,
and would be happy to receive an e-mail on each one you see.

Seth needs to weigh in on how to do this effectively. Is there a way
to scrape new Wiki data and send an automated report for phrases like
"How can I help?" in context? Or reply to the poster? Or should we in
fact have a Volunteer Signup page that offers to subscribe people to
the relevant mailing lists, make them a User: page, and whatnot?

Is there anything else where an automated report from the Wiki to the
right people would be useful?

--
Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still ahead in EC!