[IAEP] New volunteers (was Re: Sugar Labs, LOGO and Brian Harvey)

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Fri Sep 26 19:35:56 EDT 2008

Thanks for cc'ing me, I almost missed this.

Mel recently created a user page template that would make it a bit easier
for people to create and flesh out some information.  But that is only part
of the solution.

In a more scalable way, we need more people who watch the wiki's and can
connect people to where they would like to go.  There also needs to be more
organized recruiting of wiki-cleanup volunteers and some facility to
self-organize sets of tasks/projects on the wiki.

To this end I've been dabbling with setting up some pages on the OLPC wiki
to try to organize a "Wiki Gang" (http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/wiki-gang)
to work together on some of these tasks.  S.Page, cjl, and Diane have been
amazingly useful in these tasks lately.  We also have someone looking at
automating anti-spam anti-vandalism bots.

btw, the group was created in hopes that all OLPC/sugar wikis would be the
domain of self-organization.  It's an open list so please join it!

--Seth