[IAEP] Testing team page

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Oct 24 14:36:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Caroline Meeks
> <caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> > The Getting Involved page was blank when I got there.  We should have
> > something there! at a bare minimum a link to how to help test, but surely
> > there are more ways we want people to get involved?
>
> Ooops, how did you get to that page? It's about getting involved with
> the release team (probably something that most people will not want to
> do :P).

Wow! That is a good question. yesterday I pressed the Green navbar "Getting
Involved" and got to that page. I just assumed there was one "getting
involved page" and that all links that looked exactly same and were in
exactly the same place all actually went to the same page (silly me!).  ;)
Today I'm trying to repeat my path and I see that there are many getting
involved pages under different sections of the site.  I can't figure out how
I got to the one I edited yesterday!

> I totally agree that we should have a prominent "Getting involved"
> page which should point people to things like testing. I guess ideally
> this page would introduce the various teams and point to their main
> page? (each of the team pages has his own getting involved section).

So in my explorations of 17 zillion getting involved pages I found this one.

http://www.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/GettingInvolved

This is a start.

The Sugar philosophy is we start with simple tools but allow students to
progress to very complex levels.  The volunteer philosophy should mirror
that.  We should have simple ways to help and get started and clear paths
towards people becoming deeply involved using complex skills and talents.

> The wiki is quite a mess right now. I think we need a much simpler
> landing page, with links about the most important things (Get sugar,
> Get involved, Submit bugs...). People can dig deeper from there. Now
> that we are trying to drag more external attention on the project, I
> think it's critical that the web site communicates effectively.
>
> Any volunter for a wiki re-org? :)
>
> I like a lot the team based approach that David proposed a while ago,
> but I think it's time for a big cleanup. I'd be glad to get involved
> in such an effort but I need to stay mainly focused on development and
> hence I would prefer if someone else could lead it.

+1

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove