[Its.an.education.project] Ivan's latest blog entry on OLPC

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:47:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM, info at olpc-peru.info
<info at olpc-peru.info> wrote:
> Content, 100 books... :  Well... those "100 books" are nothing.  They come
> from an old project (named "Huascaran", that in front of many people it is a
> total failure) these "100 books" coollection are obscure tales, writings
> from another obscure author (more than 30!), put me on tears when I review
> what this set of "books" offer.  I am building a huge collection of "on line
> books" to provide some source of content.

Where?

> I don't know about other efforts
> (there must be some!) and I have never heard about the results of the pilot
> in Arahuay (I have at hand just the news, newspapers and reports... and
> these are valuable personal points of view but they are not organized
> results...).

How are these?
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/es

For example,
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2000
Don Quijote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16059/16059-h/16059-h.htm
Modern Spanish Lyrics by Various

They will OCR any out-of-copyright book you can get to them.

Or these?
http://www.vivir-poesia.com/
http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/
http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/seccion/bibinfantil/