[Its.an.education.project] FW: Dissolution of the NGO OLPC Nepal [but not the OLPC community in Nepal]

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 8 13:16:32 CEST 2008

Bryan Berry wrote:

> Recently, the NGO OLPC Nepal disbanded when most of the team members
> resigned citing issues w/ OLPC Boston's management
>  http://groups.google.com/group/olpcnepal/msg/d93ddf63fa09fa6e
> [...]

I had the opportunity to talk to several grassroots groups over the
last month or so.  They all seem to be in a similar state of
discontent -- and rightfully so, given the things I was told.

Disbanding is an option.  Waiting idle to see what happens is
another one.  But I liked OLPC Austria's strategy above all: they
had this vision of spreading constructionist learning in Austrian
schools and elsewhere...  With or without the support of OLPC,
they are going to continue this ambitious educational project.
>From what I've seen, they have the talent and the motivation to
succeed.

--
   \___/